Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Home Management binder

One of these days I will really figure out all this technology...sorry about the blurred pictures. I'll just have to "talk" more.

I love my Home Management Binder. When I actually use the thing I seem to get so much more done during the day. As of this moment, I have cleaned my entire house, finished lunch and have both the babies down for a nap. I am now in my "free time" allotment in my schedule...and boy am i being predictive! I am currently uploading any pics we have onto Shutterfly as well as blogging! Woo hoo!

Basically the idea of a HMB is to organize yourself, and to have everything we need to run a home in one convenient location! I have schedules and routines as well as cleaning tips and meal plans all in one spot. I have a different binder for all our financial stuff. So, here are a few of my "sections" I chose artwork I have long admired for my section dividers, It makes me happy to look at them. Here are the pics of the ones I have finished.


This is my schedules and routines section...it contains all of my schedules and routines, Go figure. I do have a master schedule for days at home, it reminds me of what we are supposed to do and at what time. the boys routines are there too. I am currently trying to get them both on the same nap schedule. It worked today. I also list all my cleaning routines in here. I focus on a different room each day. Today was the kitchen. I am happy to say it is tidy and even mopped!


Meal plans and menus: I love this section. I was the head cook at a school for my last paid job, and therefore delight in planning ahead my food. We have very little waste now, I try and vary the meals enough that we don't get bored. I even have a section to hold new recipes to try. I do a new one at least twice a month.

Projects! whoo hoo! I keep a nice long list here of projects to do and goals I have for my home so when I am bored (ha!) I can work to a goal. I tend to forget what It is i wanted to do in the first place so this helps.
I also have sections for Personal Contacts, Homeschooling/child training, Cleaning Tips and a Prayer List section. There is no pretty artwork yet. I will be searching for some as soon as I finish this up!


No comments:

Post a Comment