Monday, September 7, 2009

After?

I have been terribly excited and anxious to post the before and after photos of my house....only to realize that I was missing several "befores" So, I have a few afters. This is my Kitchen...just try and imagine it stacked up with boxes and every surface cluttered with things. I had planned on finishing my living room first, but in typical me style this is what got done first. Every cabinet was emptied, scrubbed out and re-organised, after a major purge of course. I doubled my food storage area and now have quite a stockpile built up. I even re-bottled my spices in order to keep the ones I use most in the little rack. the most painful part was going through the china hutch and removing items. I know have one whole area cleaned out that the boys like to put their things in. The under-sink area is also re-vamped. I re-located our cereal boxes down into a lower cabinet. I also learned why you need to pre-shrink fabrics.....I washed my homemade curtains...and now they are about 1 1/2 in. too short. Garrett likes them that way, easier to clean off the sill...maybe I will just leave them. I hung a basket for my veggies, and also got a few tiny crates to hold our vitamins and a basket to hold coffee making supplies. So far the new system is working pretty efficiently.

Here is the new "de-cluttered" counter space, there is only a single "layer" of items on the counter top...please forgive the dishes in the sink. I just can't seem to keep up with them.


See what I mean about the curtains? But you can also see the really nifty shelf my wonderful hubby built for me out of the broken bookshelf. Now all my paperwork and my current projects have a landing place...other than the table.


The re-organized china hutch...never mind the cluttered family room area and the box of sewing supplies. You can also see the very edge of the ironing board Dad and Garrett hung for me. I must say I have done more ironing in the last month than the previous 5 years of marriage.


Hooray for baskets and containers! The pink box will find another home as soon as we consume all the foodstuffs in it, but I must say it looks tidier than the 15 cereal boxes we used to have stacked there.



No comments:

Post a Comment