Friday, August 28, 2009

introspection continued

You have the most amazing epiphanies at three in the morning while you are covered in vomit whilst attempting to calm down a very sick two year old.
This is what I was meant to do. This is the task I am doing for the Kingdom of God. There is no one else who can soothe the children that the Lord has given me in the way I can. Who else would be willing to cherish and tenderly care for TWO sick children, who like to take turns interrupting mommy's sleep with pitiful cries and lots of messes. Who else would strip their bed clothing, wash and change them and rock them back to sleep? It is the small things that add up to powerful memories.
My challenge is to do all with a cheerful heart. I didn't succeed too well, especially during nap time when I tried to catch a few winks to catch up....and got disturbed and woken up 5 times in 1 hour. This is my cross to bear, it is also one of the greatest rewards.
The boys are both feeling much better. The first night was the worst...I had no idea so much could come out of such little bodies...from both ends no less. The second night I prepped ahead, both boys beds were double-made with waterproof layers in between, I had spare jammies, diapers and towels laid out in the bathroom, and the washer filled up with sudsy water just waiting to go (it is loud on the filling and I didn't want to disturb anyone). It came in handy, but luckily we only had one up with tummy troubles that night.
I am quite contented, now that the worst is over. This is my Mission field. My Calling. Now if I can just keep eternity's values in view and not get all caught up in the grouchies.

No comments:

Post a Comment