Friday, August 14, 2009

Pies, babies and dinner

The boys are happily playing duplos together on the floor, and I am equally happy in ignoring a large pile of clean laundry to write this.

I love baking. I really truly love it. My mother taught me how with the help of a Vintage Betty Crocker cookbook. It had the most amazing section just on cakes, I think i have baked--and ate every one of them. We both share the sentiment that box mixes are cheating. Such good memories. Our oven has been broken for over a year now, and it has been AGONY. Then again, I have lost alot of weight. So, I guess it all evens out.

My Sister in Law and I spent Wednesday together and we baked pies. It felt soooo good to cut the butter into the flour, and to roll out the crust once again. She had never made one before and I had a great deal of fun in showing her how...and also remembering again how it is I do it too! She made the most wonderful peach pie, in fact, I think it was the best ever. Seriously. I made and apple, as it is Garrett's favorite. He loved it. But, now we are back on our diet after a few weeks off and alas, my menu plans and baking did not reflect this change.

brb baby crying

sorry about that, I had to soothe S. who can't bear my being on the PC with him on the other side of the gate as well as explain to J. that cookie monster's feet are too tiny to put shoes on, we settled for socks.

Looks like I have to cut this short...here is my update on getting the Front room cleaned out:

All i have left is the decorator items, hanging curtains, sewing tie-backs and pillow covers and making a flower arrangement.



Today's menu:

Irish Oatmeal with milk, fresh peaches

Bean and cheese Quesadillas, Guacamole

"Lazy Lasagna" (done in crock pot-see previous wailing about oven) green salad and zucchini

No comments:

Post a Comment