Sunday, August 9, 2009

5 years




It has been Five years since Garrett and I married, and over 2 years since we have had any sort of vacation with out the children. So, I finally did it, we left the babies with the grandparents and took off for the day to San Francisco. One of our all time favorite day trips is wandering about the city on foot. This time we decided to stay overnight, so I booked us a room at the "Queen Anne Hotel" in Pacific Heights. It was amazing! There are a few pictures scattered throughout this blog of various bits of the hotel



The exterior

One of the main reasons we decided to stay there was the decor. Both of us enjoy old, expensive things! The service was exceptional and we really enjoyed our suite, which had a fireplace and a lovely canopy bed, which we thought was older at first, but it turned out to be a very nice reproduction. We decided that someday when we have our "dream home" we'll get one (as there is no way to fit it into our current bedroom!)



The Lobby area

We wandered about the area on Friday afternoon and had a late lunch of Pizza, at a fantastic little place--One huge slice of pizza and a soda for only $3! I had a chicken and grilled onion pizza with a chipotle-marinara sauce, it was much better than expected and I think I will try and re-create it in my own kitchen sometime.


The Lounge


We rose early, hoping to catch the breakfast, and found we were too early, so we took another walk, and wound up at Lafayette Park, we sat on a bench and watched the fog dissipate over the bay. I have never been in The City so early, and was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was. I could definitely live there, at least part time! Breakfast was much the same as in any other hotel, except for the room of course! It was fantastic, the wall coverings actually had Velvet embossed motifs.



The staircase


We spent the rest of the morning travelling to and from Pier 39. We were in search of a very specific music box, but alas! the store could not make a "custom" piece, so we will try again online. I had such a wonderful time re-connecting with Garrett, it was almost a relief to know that we could still have fun with one another, that we still had a great deal of things in common other than the kids. We would like to do these little trips more frequently, maybe take in an Opera next time. The last five years have been some of the most adventurous...I would not trade a single day of it for anything in this world.


So today I am back to my usual non-routine. Snuggling babies and cooking breakfast, packing lunches and sending my Hubby off to work. I need to get going, as I have been neglecting my to-do list in order to update you!



1 comment: