Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bitterness...

It is strange how it can creep in...I had no idea how much a hold it had on my life until recently, When Garrett made an offhanded comment about our small "pit" of a house. The remark quite hurt--in light of how hard I have been trying of late to make it nice.

That was when I realized how much my poor attitude had been affecting him. I had made him feel as if he couldn't provide for our needs.

I am grateful that I was confronted with this. I am actively working on my attitude, and asking the Lord to change my heart. We have been blessed...very blessed with a cozy home, and a nice large grassy area for the boys to run in, and a pool I don't have to tend!

1 comment:

  1. It's easy to feel down when hubby is unemployed and you fell like you are growing out of your house! Believe me, I know. I am going to continue to work on getting clutter out of the house bc i know we will be here for a long time still.

    ReplyDelete