Sunday, November 1, 2009

Reformation Day Party!

So...while noodling around in my blog management site I noticed a post by a fellow-blogger on their "Reformation Day Party" and did a little digging... and lo...October 31st is the day that Martin Luther posted his "95 thesis" on the door of his church in order to get a nice debate with the catholic church, and instead sparked the Protestant Reformation, and even translated the bible for the first time from Latin to German!

So, Last night I decorated a bit. Mainly just a fall display of squashes nuts and candles (very Medieval) and we ate a bunch of German-style foods (not very Medieval) and watched the film "Luther" overall a very good time!

Next year we would like to do a proper party, and have people over. I read some great ideas for party games; pin-the-these-on-the-door, Hide the heretic and maybe a Lego-castle building contest. And also we can dress up. I am quite sure I can whip up a few German-reformation-era duds in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment