Monday, May 24, 2010

Answered prayers

It is funny how impatient I can get at times. For months, I had been praying for my DH's job situation. I knew he had to be working full-time again by mid-May in order for us to get ahead financially and have insurance coverage by the time the baby came. May came, and no work...he finally got a "two week" job and I was happy, but then it turned into 4 days. I got worried, I prayed more, I worried more, I wondered why God wasn't listening. we had a very rough week and I was struggling with depression again.
Well, finally, it happened! In fact, he got the very job I had desired for him...it is two months or more of work, only an hour from home WITH travel pay!! we will only be using about half of it for the gas money, and the rest goes in the bank. I am quite excited about all of this, and am hoping we can continue to live frugally and bank all the extra. In fact, we should be able to have a nice start on our emergency fund and maybe be able to purchase a cheap mini-van before the baby gets here!! I am just so happy I can hardly contain myself. I am going to continue praying that he gets one of the few local jobs after the baby arrives, as this job will be ending around the same time. He might even get a few weeks off in between jobs to help out with the new little one! WOOO HOOOO. God is sooooooo good!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I've been praying for 6 years for my husband to get a better job. Instead he gets small raises every so often. It amazed me the other day when I sat down and calculated that we are raising 3 kids on less than 14k per year after medical insurance. If someone told me I would be doing that I'd have said it's impossible. But we're doing it and we don't feel deprived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been in the same situation the last year...almost no income and adding another baby! People think we are nutty, and I get lots of well-iintentioned advice, but we have managed to "Pay" for all of our babies thus far. God always provides for the blessings He bestows when you are doing your best to follow His lead!

    ReplyDelete