Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Potty training disaster

So, I decided to potty train both my boys at once, using the three day method my cousin Sharon recommended...It worked quite well for her daughter. Well, doing two at once was a total disaster. Garrett was back at work and I had quite a few hilarious/annoying potty spills. I did learn some valuable info, however. My boys are on a very similar schedule. When I would catch one and put him on the potty, the other would immediately have an accident. I quickly learned to herd them both into the bathroom and close the door! S. would retreat to the corner and pee while I was helping J. The funniest/most stressful moment came when we were doing dishes. S. was playing in the water and started to go, I quickly snatched him up and ran to the potty, I sat him down and he stopped. we waited a bit, changed him and went back only for him to repeat the performance FOUR more times. Apparently the child cannot pee unless he is standing up. J. my three year old did not fare much better, I was often quite distracted with little brother and missed opportunities with him as well. He did stay dry during nap, but had an accident while climbing out of his bed (right onto the changing table, I might add) we will soon see if he made it through the night.
For the sake of my sanity, the floor, and the boy's ability to go, I have decided to just focus on J. at the moment. S. is back in diapers and will remain so for at least the next two weeks! Furtehr updates will come.

I do have a busy day, my sister in law and her baby and a friend with her newborn will be coming over for lunch and I NEED to get this place cleaned up, QUICK!

No comments:

Post a Comment