Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rising early

There is just something about rising early that gets my day off to a good start. I may be a bit slow and groggy for the first few minutes, but things start to click soon after. Garrett has had work these last two days, and it will continue for the next two weeks. Yipee! a huge answer to prayer. We are still praying he will have at least another month's work before the baby comes.
anyhoo, I like to get up with him and pack his breakfast and lunch....and depending on if he has apprenticeship class his dinner as well. After he is sent off with hot coffee and a kiss I get down to my day.
If I can resist the call of the comforter.
What I try to do is drink coffee or tea right away so I am a bit caffinated and then find a nice easy task until my brain wakes up. Usually I stare at a blank pice of paper until I remember what I want to do in the day, then I write it out. Some days I actually do it. This is what I accomplished yesterday:

Mended 3 pairs of work-pants
cut out rags from 2 old shirts
converted 8 shredded socks into cloth baby wipes
washed 3 sink-fulls of dirty dishes
Washed, dried, folded and PUT AWAY 6 loads of laundry (Small machine)
cleaned and vacuumed the living room
swept the kitchen
prepared, dined and cleaned up on 3 meals
researched coupon deals
took a nap
baked blueberry muffins
baked banana bread
played with my kiddos, and met all of their basic child-care needs
Organized half my bill basket (its been neglected for months)
Helped hubby fix recliner chair
Talked with grandmother in law 3 times, visited with mother over lunch, provided pregnancy info to worried sister in law.

My, I did a lot! Technically it doesn't make much mathematical sense either. I gain maybe 1 1/2 hours in the morning, and then I take a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoons as I stay up later to see hubby and I have to get up earlier now. It would seem to make more sense to just crawl back into bed in the morning and stay awake in the afternoon, but nope! my energy levels seriously plummet after lunch. I guess I should get back to the laundry and the bill basket....I am nearly all caught up!

No comments:

Post a Comment