Monday, July 19, 2010

housekeeping paradox

The last few weeks have been a time of frantic activity for me. I have been nesting and trying to complete all of my projects before the baby comes. Most of it is done now, and what isn't can wait a bit. I still have to re-paint part of the kitchen and touch up the boys room, but, to be honest, I am so not motivated right now.

Lat week I slowed down...waaaay down. I had a day where I pushed myself way beyond my limits, and actually thought I was in labor, a whole month early! I had to finish my chores that day while sitting down. It was a challenge, but I wanted the house cleaned up in case I did have the baby early. I gained a whole new amount of respect for my husband's grandmother, who has to do everything from her wheelchair.

I have noticed a paradox. The more I slow down and savor the moment, the more I seem to get done. I have truly enjoyed the last week, and I have also managed to keep the house at a reasonable level of cleanliness. Part of it is that I am no longer focused on all the extra projects, but I think that the satisfaction level goes up when I try to make it all a meaningful part of my day, instead of just another list to go through.
I still have a list.
At this point tho, it is just to remind me of what I wanted to do, If I get it done, great! If not, there is always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment