Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Fourth Turning

I am in the middle of the book, "the Fourth Turning" which I mentioned the last post. It is pretty heavy stuff, especially when you are 8 mos pregnant. I actually took a break from it and read some nice fluff by Lynn Austin. I really really like her writing style and her story-telling. She writes teh kind of books I would write, if I had/made the time!

On another note, I am nesting hardcore again. On monday I prepped and froze 6 dinners. today, after my cleaning and prenatal appointment I will be making 3 meatloafs and about 100 meatballs. yum. I think. Garrett isn't too thrilled with the casserole idea, he is used to food not touching =) but most of what he likes can't be prepped ahead and just tossed into the oven and left alone. this is top priority for me when we have a new baby. I try to always prep at least two weeks worth of food....last time I had six weeks worth, but we also didn't have a working oven so it was mostly crock-pot cooking. I have to wait untill friday to assemble my lasagne and ziti, as I am out of freezer space and will be re-locating some food then.

I am also trying to re-arrange and minimize everything in our house, as well as stock up on key items without overwhelming us! Hopefully I can find a place for everything, I might be stockpiling soda and stacking it under whatever furnature has room (it is on sale at Safeway, buy 2 get 4 free) as Garrett goes thru alot of it.

sigh, in reality, I just don't want to be in the kitchen again. I do get tired of always cleaning up the same messes. well, it can't be helped, I'll just have to look for the positives!

No comments:

Post a Comment