Monday, June 14, 2010

The beginning of the end....

Less than 2 months to go...and boy am I feeling it! I have noticed a pattern in my pregnancies. Introversion always follows a long period of frantic nesting. I spent the last 4 months re-organizing and cleaning up my home and now I am done. Not all of the projects are, but I am. Now is the time to slow waaaaay down and focus on the changes to come, and on my little ones who are already here. I must say I love this time. Guilt is almost non-existent. I don't always feel like I should be doing more, I want to do less and I have the perfect "excuse" to get out of almost anything. I am quite sure extended family and friends hate this time, as I quite literally forget that anything else exists. I forget to return phone calls, I forget to make play-dates, I forget birthdays. It really is terrible. But not.
So now, we have a gentle rhythm to our days. I putter about the house and do whatever chores my body and mind will allow, and I don't fret when it doesn't get all done.
If only I could capture this inner peace and attitude permanently, ditch the guilt for not always doing and still remember to call my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment