Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Be where you are...

"Be where you are, and do what you are doing." was the single best piece of advice I ever got while I attended college. Unfortunately It was given by an extreeeeeemly dry English professor and I had a great deal of trouble focusing on his classes.....

So, Yesterday was a disaster according to my schedule...but a total success family/relationship wise. After paying the bills, we all loaded up in the car and had a family fun day! We had a fast food lunch (not such a good idea) and went to the mall play-place and let the boys run around. J. slept so hard afterwards! In fact, I didn't get to clean their room at all as it was being occupied by a sleeping boy during nearly all hours of the day! The other hours were spent snuggling and having meals.

I did get a head start on today's work, which is the Family room....or as my mom has nick-named it the "Welcome room" which now alliterates with Wednesday and also gives me a good perspective on what that room's purpose is, as this is where guests enter my home!

So, Today's task list:
1. De-Clutter all surfaces
2. Dust
3. wipe windows and sills
4. Vacuum
5.re-organize one area.

In addition, I will be "purging" again, and try to find one trash-bag worth of items to donate to charity. I am so tired of clutter.

Our menu:
Breakfast: Orange/Cranberry oatmeal (which the boys are happily eating/wearing at the moment)
Lunch: Been and cheese quesadillas with guacamole (made with whole grain tortillas)
Dinner: Chicken Parmesan with spaghetti and green salad (mom's recipe)

Alright....lets go!

No comments:

Post a Comment