Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Rest..vs...Idleness

I must say I have a great deal of trouble with this thought. What is rest, and what is idleness? Often when I collapse on the couch or hop online, I feel that I should be doing something else, something more productive. Pretty much any time I am doing anything, I feel a nagging guilt that I should be doing something else. So pretty much I feel rushed/guilty/resentful all of the time.

It needs to stop.

There is a healthy balance between rest and idleness. Also between keeping house and homemaking. I don't want to be so consumed by cleaning and tidying that I don't have time for my family, I also don't want to live in squalor, which I feel very close to now as the entire family has been passing the flu/head colds back and forth.

I am drained. I am in need of some rest.

My new goal is to live in the moment. When blogging, I will blog and not worry about the dishes, when doing dishes I will not rush...and do a bad job..because I am worried about getting the floors done.

So, today's goals:
1. REST
2. Finish the dishes.
3. vacuum
4. Tidy the boy's room
5. Run to the store to get milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment