Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Early to rise

I did it!~ I actually got out of bed at 5:30 today! Okay, so it helped that J. had woken up and wanted to nurse and snuggle a bit. So I puttered about and got myself a cup of coffee and here I am! I often feel that I can get so much more done in a day if I just get up a little bit before the rest of the household. Of course, sometimes it means that I spend all my time at the Computer, checking my favorite blogs and online mommy communities. Either way, at least I don't feel desperate for "me" time later in the day. The Boys room is completely re-done now. I have finished cleaning it out and re-organizing. We started unpacking our boxes now, so J. has all of his toys back. I have found it is incredibly hard organizing toys with a toddler and a crawler wanting to help--and by help I mean play with whatever I just put into the bin.

I was also able to sort thru my half of the closet and gather about a large trash bag full of clothing I can donate, which is quite a lot considering I did the same thing 6 months ago and gave away 3 bags. I am starting to only retain the clothing I absolutely love-it feels quite good actually!

i have also discovered I am better at doing chores that don't require much forethought in the morning, as I am struggling in vain to make a point to all of this. I guess I can do my "goals" list for today.

Tidy Kitchen
re-organize food storage areas
Clean out Under the sink (its really cluttered)
Re-arrange spices (put ones I actually use in the rack and toss the old stuff)
Take a shower (when the hot water kicks in)
Wash Kitchen Mini-blinds
Do some laundry (If I say "all" it will never happen)
Fold some laundry
Put some laundry away

Whew! Alright, just for fun I will track what I actually did today and update this post later on this evening.



UPDATE: Here is my refined list of what I actually accomplished:

Cooked and served Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Held and calmed 2 very fussy babies S. is teething and J. is feeling left out
Cleaned out and re-organized food storage cabinets
washed, dried and folded 1 load of laundry (didn't put away, neglected large mountian of clean laundry sitting in chair)
Cleaned the Kitchen, twice
Cleaned out under the fridge (with help from Garrett)
Cleaned up living room (twice, not vaccuumed though)
mailed off important paperwork
Blogged
Researched a weekend getaway for our anniversary
Watched a James Bond flic with hubby
Showered, even got my hair washed.

whew! Didn't actually get my list done, but did alot anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment