Monday, July 13, 2009

Radical Decluttering

On Thursday evening, the plumbing lines for the condo units backed up into the storm drains and flooded the yard and common areas. We were basically informed that the buildings could be condemned for this, and we would all be evicted untill the problem was fixed. Hoever, the HOA is broke as nobody is paying our dues. We spent the weekend packing up our most treasured possesions, as if we get a "404B" from environmental health, we may only have hours to evacuate. Sigh. Just as I was settling in it seems I may have to make new adjustments. Contentment is really really hard right now, especially with so many offical loooking vans and trucks going in and out today....I just need to know if I need to find another place to live permanently, or if this will get fixed. Either way I am doing a massive de-cluttering, and have really had an opportunity to see what it is I really value. For example, If I had to leave in a matter of hours I would take my spinning wheel, but leave the couch.
I'll post more as things happen.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, why didn't I ever hear about any of this!!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you were on Vacation. I didn't want to bug you about it.

    ReplyDelete