Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Back on track..

I've been avoiding the TV again, and I feel much better!! I didn't realize how much of my time and energy it was sucking up.

Lately I have been trying to find creative alternatives to cleaning and beauty products...not that I used tons of them but cutting back is a good thing, as our funds are extremely limited. Here are some creative alternatives I have found, in using "food" type ingredients:

Coconut oil: I have replaced lotion with Coconut oil. I like the unprocessed unrefined kind, it smells like summer time!

Baking Soda: I use it to freshen up carpets, just sprinkle about the rug at night, and vacuum it up first thing in the morning, you can also add tea leaves or chamomile or peppermint or lavender or a combo to this to make a nice scent.
Baking Soda is also FANTASTIC for brushing your teeth with! I actually had NO cavities after using this for several months, when I use "traditional" toothpaste I always seem to have problems with tooth decay.

Vinegar: Super for de-oderizing laundry just add a splash to your wash cycle, as well as for cleaning the coffee pot, and even scrubbing floors. I add a few drops of Lavender and Rosemary essential oil to it for disinfectant power and a nice smell. (not for the coffee pot though!!)

Olive oil: also a great massage oil, or add some sugar to make a nice body scrub...great for feet!

I have to go now....the natives are getting restless!

1 comment: