Tuesday, October 20, 2009

No TV time...

...means more time for other things. I wish I could say that since I turned off the TV and radio as well as stopped my recreational reading that my house has become a beacon of cleanliness and myself an efficiency expert. Nope. not even close.

The one thing I have noticed is that there is a great deal more peace in the house. J. has stopped asking for cartoons constantly because the tv just isn't on. He still gets to watch one video a day, so I can get a few things done without him "helping." I seem to be taking more time to do my chores, however I am actually enjoying the process of cleaning up instead of just liking the results. My favorite thing about all this is that we have all been playing together as a family in the evenings. Garret has even been teaching the boys how to play music. Well, at least shake the tambourine with great enthusiasm!

Both boys are down for a nap right now, and I am frightfully behind in checking my e-mail. I will spend no more than 20 mins to do that then off I go to prep dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment