Friday, October 16, 2009

Preperation Day

I had some more before and after photos for you, but I can't seem to get my camera to upload them. Sigh.

Today is "Preparation Day" Not only for the Sabbath this week, but we are doing a little party for S. who just turned one. (who also happens to be in my lap "helping" me type) So today is a very busy day/ I have to finish tiding the house, and decorate a birthday cake as well as prepare a nice dinner and set the table for tonight.

I have found my weekend runs smoother and my Sabbath is much more restful when I plan ahead and get things done BEFORE sunset. I have memories of my mom--during the times she was able to be at home with us--ironing all of our clothing, baking a cake, prepping a salad and a casserole to go in the oven after church. In those days we often had guests over for lunch after Church. I also can recall the chaos, grumpiness and frantic leaving of the house that occurred when these things weren't done. I take great inspiration from my mom.

Here is what I plan to do today to make tomorrow morning Peaceful.

1. Finish decorating the birthday cake. (will post pics when I can)
2. Lay out clothing ...even socks and shoes! for ALL members of the family
3. Pre-pack Diaper bag (including snacks)
4. prep some sort of dinner, maybe lasagna?
5. load the car with the items we need...punch bowl, party supplies (party's at grammy's this year)
6.KEEP UP on all dishes, and laundry. and PUT IT AWAY! (this is a big challenge)
7. Wash up and prep myself mentally, with nice music and meditation on scripture.

whew! I better get cracking! not much time left in the day, the sun sets at 7:38 tonight and I hope to be done by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment