Saturday, March 20, 2010

Answered Prayers

Today was my dad's birthday, so after church we headed over to his house for a barbecue. It was a wonderful time of visiting...until about 3pm, when the kids had a meltdown, and so did I. We left in a rush, and I was fighting tears all the way home. I was just missing Garrett so much I could barely stand it.
We pulled into the parking lot and I gave him a jingle, as the kiddos had passed out in the back seat. The next thing I know, he is rounding the corner! His HOA meeting got moved up, and he was a few minuites early. He gave me a big hug (And of course, I finally broke down and got the front of his shirt all wet. He helped me up with the kids, and promised to stay long enough to have dinner after the meeting.

so, I spent the next two hours prepping dinner and looking for the other set of keys, as I wanted to get the mail. they were lost. I looked EVERYWHERE at least twice, praying the entire time.

When Garrett came in he asked for the keys to get the mail and I confessed I had lost them...AGAIN. So he looked, and found them while I was finishing up dinner. (In my diaper bag of all places, which I had checked every pocket in at least 3 times) Another prayer answered. I cried, again. WE had a lovely dinner of Chicken Marsala and Eva's fettuccine. He declared it eh best I had ever made.

I walked him to the car, and he said he had a little something...it was strawberries! Which I was craving and didn't buy in the store yesterday as they looked so depressing. These were absolutely fantastic.

so, my bad afternoon has turned into a pretty good evening. the kids have settled in to watch a cartoon and I am going to look up birthday cake ideas, and catch up on my blog reading.

God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment