Monday, March 1, 2010

Best birthday ever...almost!

I had a wonderful, self indulgent day yesterday! Garrett took me and the boys out to Barnes and Nobles and had me pick out a book...then down to the Sees candies store where he had me custom-order a pound of my favorite chocolates. Afterwords we walked over to the other mall (here in Stockton we have two malls right across the street from each other) and went to the indoor play place. The kids had a blast running about, until J. decided to jump off one of the climbing toys, and rolled his ankle. He has been fussing and crawling about on it since then. Sigh. No swelling, he can move it about...last time this happened the DR. just rolled his eyes (seriously) and told me to let him stay off of it. I am thinking we should get it checked out anyway, but I can't, until we get our car fixed. The air conditioning compressor fell out on our way home. At first we thought it may have been the radiator. So, here I am, again, on a Monday morning, trapped in my own house with a fussy toddler...on a sugar hangover and wondering how the house could have gotten so messy as we were gone most of the day!


OOOOH, I almost forgot. I had a wonderful shopping trip to the grocery store. Yes, I realize we have been eating out of the pantry, but we were in dire need of some fresh produce. I swung by Safeway to pick up some sale items and was pleasantly surprised by a few More I found.
I got a 5 lb box of "cuties" mandarin oranges for $2.97 (reg price $6.97)
Oatmeal was on sale, buy 2 get 3 free. $2.19 each -that's $1.50 off the Winco price (reg price $5.48 ea)
Gold medal unbleached flour $1.68 each (reg price $3.48)
wooo hoooo! I also got Mac n cheese for .50 cents a box, and some eggs, buy one get one! overall I saved 41% off of the food bill! It would have been much higher (percentage wise) but I bought a few specialty items for Garrett's lunches that were only a few cents off. Boy it was satisfying! I also got some rain checks for their chicken (fresh at .99 cents a lb).
Right now I am debating going back for more flour or possibly more oatmeal, as it was so cheap! The dates say they are good until the middle of next year, but I am not sure I have room to store them.

Breakfast:
Toast and jelly, banana, yogurt and eggs
Snack not sure
Lunch: grilled cheese and tomato soup
dinner: Pesto

2 comments:

  1. hello, I've been looking at some homemaker's blogs before i decide to make mine ( i feel like i'm such a novice in the whole homemaking/good wife )
    but i came across your blog and i loved it!
    You remind me of myself, young wife, devoted mother keep up the good work
    God bless your home and your loved ones!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment! I still feel that I am a novice as well...there is always something more to learn about homemaking...now if I can only find the time to do it all!

    ReplyDelete