Friday, August 27, 2010

finding a new routine

The last few days have been an adventure.
Wednesday was frustrating, everything went "wrong"
Thursday was spend in the moment, except for the late evening when cranky boys who hadn't napped wouldn't stay in bed.
Today I thought I had a plan that would work. A. isn't cooperating. She has foregone her usual sleep in an hour later tan everyone else routine and wants to nurse instead. I did get the bathroom cleaned up, and hopefully we will have some breakfast soon.

I am still working on living in the moment. WE had some wonderful success in that yesterday. I read a book about bugs to the boys, then we went outside and found some. I didn't bring a book or my phone, we just wandered around the common area and played in the dirt. A. slept in the sling. Later in the afternoon I was scrubbing down the dining chairs and the kitchen floor and the boys wanted to help. I gave them some plain water and rags, and were they ever helpful!! we even dried the floor together. They also wanted to help with the dishes, which just turned into splashing around in the water while I nursed the baby...again.

we also had some massive failures. We went outside and both the boys melted down initially, J. had an accident. I dragged everybody upstairs in spite of tantrums, feeling quite angry myself, and then realized in our enthusiasm to get outside before the heat, that we forgot to eat breakfast, and use the bathroom! I felt bad then, but we made up a picnic breakfast and went back out for some wonderful play time. Bedtime was a nightmare, I am out of ideas. They just won't stay in bed, and they are totally exhausted. J. has been keeping himself up late and awake during nap time as well, the result is an extremely grumpy and somewhat aggressive toddler. I guess we will just try again today and see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. If you ever want/need any help, lemme know. It's ok to ask for help, ya know. Miss you much!

    ReplyDelete