Monday, August 9, 2010

waiting, and waiting and waiting.

I am learning about paitience.

In my previous two pregnancies, I went into labor about a week before my due date. This time around I have been having contractions for several hours a day for over a week now, and I have officially passed my due date. It has been very very hard to practice peace and try and just be in the moment. I am incredibly anxious at this point to just have labor start "for real" But, as always, God is in controll and I have something to learn from all of this. I am continuing on in my little home projects. Right now I am in the middle of sorting out my sewing box---a giant jumbled mess, and at naptime today I will be quickly mending up a pile of laundry and sewing some cushion covers for some pillows I have laying about.

The de-cluttering process has nearly been completed! I went through every box stashed under my bed, my dresser, and my half of the walk in closet. EVERYTHING fits now! no more jumbled messes! I actually gave away 2 huge trashbags of clothing, most of it I was just not wearing. I have done the same with the children's clothing.

We now all have roughly 8 matched outfits for Summer, 8 for winter and 8 for Spring/Fall. The Spring/fall will always stay in the drawers and the winter/summer will swap places as needed. I am LOVING it! I managed to hang up all of my outfits in the closet, each outfit to a hanger. It is making my mornings soooo easy, as my brain dosn't work upon waking and I have absolutely no decisions to make, just grab a hanger and pull it on. I would like to purchase two or three more nursing tanks in various colors to match up permanently with my outfits so I don't have to hunt for them in the morning.
The boys have matched outfits folded together in their drawers, with the shirts outside and the shorts tucked into them. J. is now able to simply grab the shirt he wants to wear, and, more often then not can actually get dressed all by himself! He is thrilled with the arrangement. we just need to work at keeping the clothing on him now!

I am learning to be grateful for every day I have with just my boys, and I am doing much better at keeping up with our little routine. I am hoping to have everything settled in before she arrives. well, we will see! At this point, labor can begin at any moment.

1 comment: