Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My pantry...

...is in the midst of an identity crisis. Seriously. Several months ago we had gotten rid of pretty much all the junk food in the house and I had moved to making nearly everything from scratch. It was wonderful fun.
Then I got bitten by the coupon bug. Who can resist a 25 cent (large) box of poptarts? or totally free yoplait yogurt?
The problem with that is it perfectly coincided with the exhaustion of late pregnancy and the need to have a bunch of easy to make "food" in the house for the postpartum period.
So here we stand, with half of the shelves overflowing with good, whole foods or "ingredients" as some people know them. The other half is crammed full of "convenience foods" boxed inferior versions of what I was making from scratch. Sigh. Really it wouldn't be so bad, except I keep dipping into these stockpiles and am getting out of the habit of making things myself. I am using the excuse that the baby can come at any moment now, but really it is just laziness.
so, tonight we are starting from scratch again.

Today's lunch will be turkey wrap ups, using fresh veggies, leftover turkey and whole wheat tortillas.


dinner is Guacamole cheeseburgers, using pure natural ingredients and NO mixes!

If the baby stays put, I will be making a batch of my dad's famous chili and cornbread for Wednessday.

woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment