Monday, February 22, 2010

Asking for help

It is just one thing I struggle with. I can't seem to ask for help when I need it. This flaw causes undue stress, and even arguments. I am not entirely sure what it is that drives me so, this need to do everything all by myself, perfectly too. Garrett really opened my eyes a while back, and reminded me that the housework is mine to DELEGATE. Ha! I forgot that lesson and had to learn it again, this time with more tears, anger and frustration (I am just a teeny bit hormonal this pregnancy) sigh. Sometimes I wonder if I can ever change. So, here is my new goal. I am going to hang up a sign in my kitchen with some sort of saying referring to humility, help or delegate. Hopefully that will help me remember to ASK.

For today's menu:
Breakfast: Cereal and milk
snack: boiled eggs
Lunch: red beans and rice (I'm making a large batch this time as we ate it all up in one day previously!)
Dinner: Leftovers or Irish nachos (a highly unhealthy but delicious dish involving potatoes, bacon and cheese)

I was definitely NOT pleased with my yogurt outcome, it does not even taste as it should and the texture is just icky. I am not sure weather I should toss it, or figure out how to use it up in some sort of baked/soup recipe. sigh. Maybe if I freeze it we can make smoothies? I'll give that a whirl!

The boys are still sleeping (miraculously, as they have been getting up around 6:30 lately) oops! there goes one!

No comments:

Post a Comment