Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekending

I love Sundays. It really seems that this is my true "Rest day" Other than the boys getting up extra early today, we usually sleep in, I do the dishes then make a big brunch. We have leftovers for lunch and once again, I make a big and unusually early, dinner. I only do enough housework to keep Monday from being depressing. Usually, I work on little projects, like crochet, or sewing or just organizing a particularly cluttered area. today is known as "Projects day" in my Home Management Binder. I need to get that thing out and start following it again. I think my depressed/demotivated attitude is stemming from the fact that at the moment, other than the morning movie and frantic cleaning session (which I am foregoing in order to blog today) we really have no routine to our day.

The only problem with my menus this week is that I forgot to grab the meat we had stored in my mothers large chest-freezer. I'm wondering if there is any way we can fit a small one in our condo, but for now I just have to make an extra trip into Lodi, or (gag) violate my buy nothing but fresh produce/WIC foods rule and pick something up. sigh.

Today's Project: Type up the full "Community Garden" proposal for our Home Owner's Association approval. There is a bit of drama going on over the meeting times, so I am going to see if I can push it through by having the board approve it by e-mail instead of waiting several more weeks for them to figure out a meeting date. I also have the lumber ready and waiting, I'll have it laid out on the balcony until I am ready to use it, or perhaps I'll put it in the gardening area. Hmmm, decisions decisions.

I guess I should go do dishes before I have to get brunch started.

Menu:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, country fried potatoes, fried bologna
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner : Orange chicken, steamed rice and stir fry veggies

1 comment:

  1. So how's the garden thing going? i have a friend who has a small chest freezer and she thinks it is the best thing ever (and she lives in a small apt)

    ReplyDelete